Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. Upon the hammer falling, the highest bidder shall be the buyer. The Auctioneer reserves the right to settle any and all disputes, and reject bids as seen fit, for any reason. When the lot is sold, the Buyer shall pay the Auctioneer, in full the hammer price (plus VAT when Applicable), together with a premium of 17%(+VAT where applicable) or 20%(+VAT where applicable) for live sales, of the hammer price on the day of the sale, and if applicable, further premium for online bidding. Please note, this premium is subject to change, and it remains the buyers responsibility to check the 'fees' section of the lot on the catalogue in question. For live sales, the premium figure will always be announced by the auctioneer at the start of the auction.
Please see 'Fees' next to each lot for complete clarification.
2. Upon request, buyers shall provide auctioneer with names, addresses and if required bank and other references.
3. The ownership of the lot shall become the Buyer's responsibility as soon as the hammer drops. Although a lot may not be removed from the premises until payment in full has been made. All items contained within the lot MUST be removed or charges will apply.
4. All lots must be removed at the Buyer's risk and expense on the day of the sale, unless previously arranged with the Auctioneer.
5. If payment is not made or goods are not removed as required within these terms and conditions the Auctioneer may reject any bids made by or on behalf of the Buyer at any future Auction, or obtain part payment before accepting any future bids. If no payment is received after 1 week of the auction, the auctioneers will take payment from your stored card details.
6. The Auctioneers will, on the Buyer's written instruction, execute bids on their behalf, but neither the Auctioneer, his Employees or his Agents be liable for any neglect in doing so or failure to do so.
7. All goods are sold as seen and no warranty or guarantee is given. No warranty whatsoever is given by the Auctioneer or the Vendor in respect of any lot, and any warranties of conditions whether expressed or implied by statute, common law or otherwise are hereby excluded. It is the Buyers responsibility to rely on their own judgement in respect of goods purchased. Items described by the Auctioneer are only a basic description unless otherwise advised by the Vendor. Items specifically listed as ‘AF’ will have obvious defects that may be noticed only by the most cursory of inspections, but items with defects are not limited to ‘AF’ listed goods. We are normally unable to carry out a detailed, or any, examination of lots in order to ascertain their condition in the way in which it would be wise for a buyer to do. Intending buyers have ample opportunity for inspection of goods and, therefore, accept responsibility for inspecting and investigating lots in which they may be interested. Post 1950 Furniture: All items of furniture included are offered for sale as works of art, for this reason items may not comply with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) Safety Regulations 1988 and for this reason, they should not be used in a private dwelling.
8. Estimates – Estimates are used to help the buyer gauge what sum may be involved in the purchase of the lot. The bottom value of an estimate may represent the reserve, but will not be lower than it. It is by no means definitive and excludes buyers premium & online sales premium.
9. ELECTRICAL ITEMS – We offer a 48hr money back guarantee on items found to be not working when sold as an electrical item and having been issued with a PAT test. The 48hrs commences from the hammer falling on the sale of the lot.
10. LEFT BIDS - All commission bids must be left at least 15 minutes before the auction commences. We cannot guarantee to execute bids left after this. If you have left a bid on an item please be prepared to pick the Items up within the allotted time scale.
11. COLLECTION OF GOODS – All lots should be paid for and collected by 4.30pm sale day unless otherwise agreed. Any lots uncollected by the Thursday after sale will be subject to a £3 per day per lot storage fee. After 1 week uncollected lots will be re-lotted and subject to re-lotting fees and uncollected commission. We are able to carry out low cost local deliveries as well as advise on national deliveries. However, collection of goods remains solely the buyers responsibility. All items from lots must be removed, left items will be subject to a disposal fee. We have full discretion over charges, and always prefer to work with our customers where possible.
12. Any persons not adhering to these conditions will be barred from our auction site and online bidding.
13. We reserve to change our terms without giving notice, please check you are up to date with our terms. If there is something you do not understand please ask and we will do our best to help you. If you bid on an item and win the lot it denotes that you agree to these terms and conditions